1 slab of baby back ribs, membrane removed, if ever
Spice rub/seasoning of your choice
BBQ sauce of your choice
(1) Cut slab into two halves so it will fit into the crock of your slow cooker. Spray crock with cooking spray.
(2) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and put both halves of ribs on the sheet. Season both sides of rib halves with your favorite spice rub/seasoning of your choice. Rub into meat and allow meat to come up to room temperature as the oven heats.
(3) Bake ribs, bone side down, in oven for 20 minutes. Remove and place into crock of slow cooker on it's side. (so bones are vertical in the crock)
(4) Pour about a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce onto the ribs, cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours,or until the ribs are tender, but not falling apart.
(5) Remove ribs and cut into serving pieces place in serving dish and baste with more warm BBQ sauce OR take slab halves and finish off with more sauce on a hot outdoor grill to caramelize the sauce.
(6) Yield: 6 servings