This is the natural way of cooking crabs that needs few ingredients and dipping sauce. You can choose the sauce that suits your taste.
2 pounds king or snow crab legs
3 finely chopped shallots
3 chopped garlic cloves
1 inch of finely chopped lemongrass
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup white wine
2 inches grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp finely chopped celery leaves
1) In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, about 2-3 minutes. Add the shallots and lemongrass and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring well.
2) Arrange the king or snow crab legs in a large pot with a steamer insert set inside. Pour enough water into the pot to come up to the bottom of the steamer, but do not let the crab sit in water. Cover and turn the heat on to medium.
3) Add the wine, the grated ginger and a little salt and turn the heat up to high. Boil off the wine by half, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, one tablespoon of celery leaves (leaves from the top of a bunch of celery you buy in the store), and taste for salt again -- add some if you need it.
4) If the crabs have not already been steaming, turn the heat on the pot to high and steam the crabs for 5 minutes; remember king and snow crab legs are pre-cooked, so you are just heating them up.
5) Pour the sauce into a food processor and blitz it until it becomes a thick puree; it should look a bit like a light green mayo, as everything will emulsify. Or, you can use soy sauce, lemon juice and piece of fresh red chili, for spiciness.
6) Remove the crab meat from the shells with scissors or kitchen shears and set in a bowl.
7) To serve, lay some sauce down on a plate and top with nice leg pieces of the crab. Top with the other tablespoon of celery leaves and serve hot or at room temperature.