Mediterranean Flavor Fig Cookies Recipe #FoodRecipesMall
The warm, sugary taste of figs makes them a perfect holiday dessert. Add some Mediterranean flavor to your table with this recipe.
•1 cup chopped figs (about 1/2 lb)
•1/3 cup water
•1 cup butter
•1/2 cup sugar
•1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•2 cup sifted flour
•2 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook figs with water, stirring frequently, until thickened (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
3. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla. Blend well.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; mix into the creamed mixture.
6. Stir in the cooled figs.
7. Drop by teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
8. Bake 375 degrees F approximately 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
9. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.
10. Yield 48 pieces