Mexican Beef Tortillas Casserole #FoodRecipesMall
Try this Mexican food recipe with a kick of its spiciness. Make your basic red sauce and guacamole.
Basic Red Sauce
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
10 Corn Tortillas
1 lb Ground Beef
2 Anaheim Chiles
1/2 c Onion, Chopped
15 oz Pinto Beans, Drained
8 oz Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Dairy Sour Cream
1) Tortillas should be 6 to 7-inches in diameter and be cut into. Chiles should be seeded and finely chopped.
2) Prepare Basic Red Sauce and Southwest Guacamole; set aside.
3) Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook tortilla strips in oil until light golden brown, about 1 minute; drain. Cook and stir ground beef, chillis, and onion until beef is brown; drain.
4) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange tortilla strips in bottom of greased rectangular baking dish 13 X 9 X 2-inches. Top with beef mixture, Basic Red Sauce, beans, and cheese.
5) Bake until hot and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
6) Serve with Southwest Guacamole and Sour Cream. Serves 8.
Another ingredients for Beef Tortillas Bake:
1 pound ground beef
2 cans (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
2 tablespoons Minced Onion
2 tablespoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin, Ground
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder with Parsley
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided