Veggie Omelet with Fresh Tomato Salsa #FoodRecipesMall
This meal consists of omelet, veggies and fresh salsa as accompaniment. An easy to follow recipe which makes 2 servings.
4 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
1/3 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium green onion, cut into thin slices
3 medium sized eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/3 cup shredded cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
Fresh Tomato Salsa (Tomatoes, green chili, lemon juice, cucumber, white onions, salt and black pepper to taste) coarsely chopped
1) Prepare fresh tomato salsa in advance and let it cool in a chiller.
2) Preheat oven to 425F.
3) Combine potatoes, bell pepper, bacon and green onions in a greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Beat eggs, water salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
5) Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook until eggs begin to set. Gently lift up sides of omelet with spatula to allow liquid to run under bottom of omelet.
6) When omelet is set, but not dry, and bottom is light golden brown, remove from heat. Place roasted vegetable mixture over ½ of omelet sprinkle with cheese. Gently fold omelet in half with spatula. Transfer to serving plate.
7) Serve warm with fresh salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.