This chicken and potato recipe is a classic-style preparation of these two popular ingredients which will be largely familiar to cooks and diners north of the Rio Grande, but with enough south of the border flair to set it apart. The chicken is prepared in the(grilled on a metal plate or alternately, a skillet) and the potatoes are oven roasted with herbs and spices for a truly hearty, satisfying meal.
Mexican-style Grilled Chicken #FoodRecipesMall
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 small potatoes, skins on
2 tsp oregano (preferably Mexican oregano)
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1) The potatoes will take a bit longer than the chicken, so begin preheating your oven to 425 degrees and slice each of the potatoes in half (not lengthwise) and placing them in a 9" baking dish.
2) Add ½ of the minced garlic, cilantro, oregano, and olive oil and toss to coat. Bake the potatoes for 35 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and black pepper.
3) After the potatoes have been in the oven for about 20 minutes, it is time to start cooking the chicken. Heat the remainder of the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts along with the remainder of the garlic and oregano.
4) Cook for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. The chicken and potatoes should be done at roughly the same time, so once both are done, put together your plates and sprinkle the chicken with a little salt and pepper and the remaining cilantro.
5) Serve with lime wedges and the salsa of your choice and enjoy! Serves 4.